Danze Sirius, How to remove this Shower/Bath Trim, no visible set screws

Users who are viewing this thread

Steves76

Reaction score
index.php
Hello everyone:)

Looking for some help, for the life of me, I cant figure out how to remove this shower/bath single handle trim kit. Not totally sure, but believe its Kohler from 2005-2009. I have looked everywhere on this thing, and the only visible set screw was on the diverted valve handle. Which as you can see, i already took off.

As what I tried now, with no luck,. showered the thing in Wd-40, tried spinning the smaller center square (thought it could be a nut). Tried turning the handle each way (no luck). So at this point iam stuck...sucks!

Added Picture of the trim kit.
53172721_10219339898957692_7117637541146132480_o.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0330.jpg
    IMAG0330.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,096
Last edited:

JaredK

Reaction score
Any sealant around it? Any access behind it? I would try rotating the large square, but you may risk breaking the fitting in the wall - so any access behind it may reveal the answer. If there is just drywall or something else removable, I would cut that out (and order an access panel to size).

Steves76

Reaction score
it does move /spin a bit, but the divert er valve is there and will break if you spin it

danze-sirius-trim.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Steves76

Reaction score
I cant get to or view the Shower Valve if the Trim kit is in the way?? I purchased the home this way, no clue what they installed.

Steves76

Reaction score
Marlinman- that is it, you da man!! Thanks much!!

Side note ...stay away from this product! Horrible finish quality, as the finish/clear coat is coming all off, and the shower/bath valve is straight up garbage... it has crap pressure, and the hot/cold mixture sucks!

Steves76

Reaction score
i am replacing this whole system with Moen
3570 M-PACT Moentrol Shower Valve with Stops, 1/2-Inch CC

Steves76

Reaction score
Confirmed, its Danze Sirius. I finally got it completely off, talk about total junk product!!
Stay away, or replace if you have it..hah
Even the instructions are not complete

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks