Culligan Super S - air in water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

jreed

Reaction score
I have a Culligan Super S iron filter, along with a Medallist softener. Lately I have noticed a lot of air in my water lines and also it seems as though there is a lot of air when the backflush runs at night. when the backflush initially starts, air comes out before water. Any idea what would cause this with?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The air check in the brine tank. Remove and clean the brine assembly inside the brine tank. Carefully inspect it for wear, replace if needed.

PumpMd

Kevin
Reaction score
Could be a leak below a check valve, that is above your static water level in your well or a leak on the check valve below the one above your static water level, this would cause air in the lines.

Do you notice the pump coming on when you are not using water?

Can you tell us a little more about your well system.

If you don't have a well, disregard what I said.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Reaction score
LOL, you are right, duh... I just saw softener, air in lines... and the default is the air-check. The Super S has a compressor, so air in the lines is normal, not sure what would cause it to be more than normal. When I worked the field, we got rid of the Super S every time we saw one and replaced it with something else.

jreed

Reaction score
Just curious, what would be a good replacement for a super s?

ditttohead

Reaction score
Iron reduction is done in many ways. Catalox light has become a popular media. The method depends on your orp, DO, pH, amount of iron, h2s, manganese etc. Many of our customers prefer starting with a simple backwashing system and adding air or other oxidants later if needed.

Last edited:

jreed

Reaction score
I am revisiting this thread because Im still having issues. I feel like the super s is the source of my problems. The air pressure builds up and really releases on backwash. What I realize is that the part I was checking was the wrong check valve. Looking at the attached pic, which part is the air relief solenoid?

Attachments

• 20140117_191654.jpg
    20140117_191654.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 723
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks