Culligan Iron Cleer setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Chucky5150

Reaction score
Lets see if I can get all the info in the first post. Hopefully I don't get sidetracked.

Source: Private well
Iron: 4.51 mg/L
Manganese: 0.319 mg/L
Arsenic 0.050 mg/L
Hardness 193 mg/L (11ish Grains)
Light H2S (enough to smell, not drive you out of the house)
Family of 4

30 year old Culligan softener has died and been replaced with a Fleck 5600em. Water is back down to 2 or 3 grains (with hatch 5B) just need to flush out the hot water.

This setup came with the house (built in '78). I haven't done anything to it since moving in. So far I think it's working. I don't have a good iron test at the house. Side note, what is a good way to test for iron? I don't feel like spending $100+ for a lab to every time.

So I just spent what I feel like was on the high end of the range for this softener, but I got to support a local guy and it was in stock. With that in mind. I want to make sure this air injection set up last for a lil longer. I looked up the manual and couldn't find anything about cleaning or maintaining it. I don't even know if it's set correctly.

How do I set this thing up?
Looks like the top right wheel is the time, not sure where it should be set (ok, I know time of day. Not sure about what turns what). We've gone a week without power, I know the time is off.
Guessing the wheel on the top left is day of the week. Looks to work similar to the 12 day wheel on the 5600. Not sure how often it should be set for.
No idea what the bottom left is for or what it should be set to.

side question, what would you replace this with?
I been looking at H2O2 setups, not sure where or how often I'd need to add H2O2 to the system.

What is a good at home iron test?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220111_170252.jpg
    20220111_170252.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 20220111_170356.jpg
    20220111_170356.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 20220111_170444.jpg
    20220111_170444.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 137

Bannerman

Reaction score
You said the 'C' system died and was replaced with a Fleck 5600 Electromechanical, but the photos you posted do not show a 5600 but are what appears to be the 'C' system.

Chucky5150

Reaction score
You said the 'C' system died and was replaced with a Fleck 5600 Electromechanical, but the photos you posted do not show a 5600 but are what appears to be the 'C' system.
That is because I moved the softener off to the side in a much better location. This is the iron filter that hasn't been replaced yet. It also will move when it gets replaced. The old brine tank is still in the picture, it isn't even hooked up to anything.

Edit: You can kind of see the new black brine tank in the 3rd picture, all the way to the left side.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks