CSV1A was underwater, will I have issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Trumptone

Reaction score
My crawlspace completely flooded. This means my well pump, pressure switch, CSV1A, and such were underwater for a few days. I'm replacing the pressure switch and pressure gauge. Will I have any issues with the CSV1A? Do I need to do anything to it before I restart the system?

I should add that I first knew there was a problem because my water pressure went to nothing. I found that the circuit breaker for the well pump was tripped. I then found the flooded crawlspace.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sorry for your problem. It shouldn't hurt the CSV1A to be briefly submerged. But the spring cage under the red cap is not supposed to have water in it. the spring can rust. It may not have gotten much water in the spring cage, but it wouldn't hurt to check. Just unscrew the red spring cage and remove it. Dry and clean the spring and the interior of the rad cage. A little WD on the adjusting bolt would also be a good idea. Call if you need help.

Here is a parts breakdown.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks