Critique my plumbing Plan - Ontario, Canada (pic included)

Users who are viewing this thread

GTADiyer

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm startting a basement reno in Ontario, Canada.
Any issues with this layout.

Sewer drain is 4". I am planning a wet vent using the sink with an AAV (studor vent) as it will be difficult to tie into exisiting vents.
Would it make sense to replace the entire length of 4" PVC drain with ABS where all the connections will be? I know the sell the ABS to PVC cement here.

Any thoughts / tips appreciated

Annotated-PXL_20230313_214951456.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can't wet vent that like that. A wet vent system can't have the rest of your house draining into it. So you'll need a branch coming off of the 4"that will be your new bathroom.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
If your toilet needs to stay where you have it, you need to break some more concrete farther back and add a wye to the 4"pvc.

Also in not sure what fixtures you have there. I see 4 branches currently but only 3 fixtures noted.

GTADiyer

Reaction score
If your toilet needs to stay where you have it, you need to break some more concrete farther back and add a wye to the 4"pvc.

Also in not sure what fixtures you have there. I see 4 branches currently but only 3 fixtures noted.

Thanks so much for the advice! I have some questions regarding the most appropriate type of fittings connecting the fixtures to the branch line:
1) Should I make the entire branch 3" or would 2" suffice for the sink and shower?
2) I understand to use the 4" wye to connect the branch line to the main stack. However what's the best fitting to connect the toilet to the branch line?

I will update the post with a diagram once I wrap my head around how to make the connections.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use a 4x3 wye for the bathroom group branch. Then use a 3x3 wye for the toilet and put a 3x2 bushing in the straight portion of it. Then use 2x2 wyes for the sink and a long sweep 90 for the shower. The wyes will get street 45s inserted into them to make a 90 over. Use long sweep 90s for the ups

GTADiyer

Reaction score
Use a 4x3 wye for the bathroom group branch. Then use a 3x3 wye for the toilet and put a 3x2 bushing in the straight portion of it. Then use 2x2 wyes for the sink and a long sweep 90 for the shower. The wyes will get street 45s inserted into them to make a 90 over. Use long sweep 90s for the ups
Thanks again! I knew I would have had to use a combination of wyes + 45s to make the 90 so thank you for the clear instructions.

I will work on my diagram and post so I have a clear plan and hopefully it can help anyone else who is in a similar type situation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks