COVID and getting your vaccinations

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness Forum' started by Terry, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I'm starting a new thread on this, somehow the other thread got deleted. I went to show it to Pam and it was gone. Yesterday I got my second shot of Pfizer vaccine in Wenatchee. It seems COVID happened early here in Washington State, three blocks South of me in Kirkland. Home of Costco. My next door neighbor had died of it on March 15th 2020 of last year. I haven't seen many of my friends since then.

[​IMG]

Waiting in line for our shots.

[​IMG]

My beer on the table a lunch afterwards. Maybe not a great idea after getting the shot. I was pretty tired when we got back to the room in Leavenworth.
    this picture was taken at Mission Ridge in Wenatchee after we got the shots. I did go skiing at Stevens Pass on Monday on the way over to Leavenworth.
    In case you're wondering, a nearly empty restaurant inside, more were on the outside deck in the sun.

[​IMG]

My son Jamie and his kids skied this two months ago.

I'm doing a bit of plumbing still, and masking up. My suppliers do a good job, the procedure is that we call from the parking lot and they bring the orders out.

[​IMG]

wwhitney and breplum like this.
  2. JerryR

JerryR Active Member

Congrats getting your 2nd shot. We both are both got our 2nd Moderna shot 3 weeks ago but we are still careful.

A close friend mentioned last weekend that was the 1st weekend they didn’t have company over for dinner since Thanksgiving. We refused several invitations for dinner at their place due to a covid. I finally convinced her to get her shot. She was scheduled to get it today BUT she wasn’t feeling well yesterday and she was tested positive the day before her first shot. This area has many politically convinced Covid deniers and in the last 2 weeks most of the deniers have caught it. Some are suffering very badly. Every one of them is now preaching how bad it is and they were wrong to drop their guard.

We lost 2 friends to it and in the last 2 weeks we know 10 people who caught it.

I had no issues with either shot. My wife had one day following the 2nd shot where she had chills, slight fever and felt like she was coming down with the flu. The next day she was fine.

Terry likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Terry likes this.
  4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    In Washington State, people 16 and over will be able to get their shots April 15th.

[​IMG]

My granddaughter Kaitlyn Chua spiking the ball.

The move to open up schools and sports has come with some risk for COVID-infection, but the Mukilteo School District seems to have fared fairly well during the first of three prep sports seasons.

"It's really important that we continue to message to our kids the importance of social distancing and wearing masks and good hygiene, and not hanging out as much as they want to just because we can get shut down, and not necessarily because of a positive case. It's because of contact tracing."

https://www.mukilteobeacon.com/stor...istrict-sports-teams-hanging-tough/21204.html

5. Volliro

Volliro New Member

The faster people start vaccinating the better in the current situation. I know several people who was sick with Covid and it's a really nasty virus. I have a summer property in Sicily here and my neighbor there got sick with virus and it gave complications to his kindness. He had some issues with it before and was on the pills and now after COVID he has to do dialyses every single day for the rest of his life until he can get a transplant... crazy!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021