Cove Base Tile Question

Drywall to the floor or put cove base tile over Hardiebacker?

• Drywall to the floor and seal cove base and mosaic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Use several inches of Hardiebacker at the base of the wall and seal the seams.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

TinPA

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm tiling the floor of a second floor bathroom and have a question about cove base tile. I'm putting down a black/white hexagon mosaic floor and putting a gloss black cove base around the perimeter walls. I'm not tiling any further up than the 6" cove base itself. I've put down a 3/4 subfloor and 1/4" Hardiebacker. So, here's the question - Should I use 5" - 6" of Hardiebacker on the bottom of the walls butting up to the drywall? My plan was to tape it, use thinset and then seal the Hardiebacker with Redgard. ...Or is it best just to use drywall down to the floor and stick the cove base to that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks