Control flow and temp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bex

Reaction score
I am looking for shower faucets that allow you to control both the flow and the temperature. Seems like with so many now you get to choose the temp and it comes out with the same force no matter what. Anyone know what brand/model I should look at?

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
Check Moen

I have two Moen controls that were installed in '65 that do it. Flow is controlled by how far you pull the knob out toward you. Temperature is controlled by rotating the handle.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They are out there, I have one made by Grohe; I'm sure other companies make them as well. The particular one I have is a temperature-controlled valve (as opposed to a pressure balance valve). It may also have some pressure balance functions in it. One or the other is required in replacement/new construction to help prevent scalding hazards if something like someone flushing a toilet or other water use changes the amount of hot verses cold water available.

On the one I have, there are two knobs - one allows you to set the desired temperature (it then adjusts the user set flow to make the output the set temperature) and the other sets the flow.

This is not absolute, but the temp controlled valves probably all do what you want, while only some of the pressure balance ones do. My unprofessional opinion.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Delta has several models in the 1700 series which have separate volume and temp controls. They are scald guard as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks