Connecting cellar drain to septic line

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
Hi I am needing to connect my horizontal 3” line in the cellar to the 4” line going thru the foundation to the septic tank. The 3” stops about 30” from the wall and the exit hole is about 40” lower than the 3”, I Have laid out a diagonal line already , going at an angle, but want to ask if that is the best way as opposed to extending the 3” straight and then dropping down directly vertical using an 90 or sweep , thanks

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Is this new construction or a reno? Does the 4 inch line have a clean-out? If not, I would place a Y with clean-out on the end of the 4 inch and feed the 3 inch into the Y rolling them if need be. I would not use a 90 but rather an angle that will match the Y.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Plumbing fittings that connect a vertical drain to a horizontal drain need to come together in a 45 as LLigetfa mentioned. Transitioning from vertical to horizontal requires long sweep fittings so that the change of direction of the waste is more gradual. A long sweep 90 or 2 - 45's creates this transition.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks