Connect 2500 gallon tank to current well system

Users who are viewing this thread

Tphilly12

Reaction score
Our current well produces only 2 gpm. Purchased a 2500 gallon tank and it is placed about 100 feet away from the well and about 8 feet lower than where the current well head and pressure tank are feeding home.

My questions:
1. Do I need to run the power from my current well pump to the storage tank in order to be able to have some kind of float switch to turn it off when tank is full? What do I need?

2. Can I use a booster pump to pump from the storage tank back to the well area where the pressure tank is and just connect to that current system? (disconnect well waterline and bring to tank, waterline from tank gets connected to current pressure tank?)

3. Assuming I have to disconnect the power from well pump that goes to pressure switch and run new power from booster pump at tank to pressure switch?

4. What is best, submersible pump in the storage tank or is exterior booster pump ok? I was thinking a 3/4hp? Servicing 3 bdrm/3 bath 2000sf home

Any help appreciated. Don't know what the electrical hookups look like for (i) the well pump to talk to a float switch and (2) the booster to the pressure tank system (just use existing?)

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
You can run wires from the float switch at the storage tank to the well head. Then you can use either a jet pump or submersible in the storage tank, connected to a pressure tank/pressure switch and a CSV to get water to the house like one of these.

LOW YIELD WELL_SUB_PK1A.jpg

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Or you can use an electric valve at the storage tank, leave a CSV, pressure tank/pressure switch at the well head, and not have to lay any wire between the storage tank and well head. This way also lets you have water directly from the well to the house if/when the booster in the storage tank goes out.

LOW YIELD WELL_and storage with two PK1A one pipe.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks