Concrete slab poured tight to toilet rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm doing a basement remodel with a half bath. The drain and vent were roughed in already when the house was built, but they poured the concrete slab tight to the 3" ABS pipe for the toilet.

I chiseled the mounded concrete around it flush and level hoping for a sleeve or void, but nothing. So now I'm weighing my options.

1. Use a spigot toilet flange instead
2. Chisel away around the pipe and pray I don't damage it in the process (or hammer drill a hundred holes around it, same worries).
3. Some other fancy plumbing product I don't know about???

We have a Toto Dartmouth going there, if that matters.

Thanks,
Anthony

Reaction score
See attached. They painted the basement floor that pink color and went right over the pipe and cap. But it's 3" ABS, I'm sure of that.

2022-08-20 15.14.40_smaller.jpg

All Fug Duck

Reaction score
They make a flange that slides inside of 3-inch pipe or just chisel it out maybe. you'll need to flush cut or just under the slab a little if it's not a flush fit flange.

Reach4

Reaction score
Inside is OK. You may have to taper the top of the pipe to clear a bevel on the closet flange. Be sure before you glue in a flange.

A rounded wood rasp would be the tool I would start with to make clearance.

For a glue in flange, I would want a stainless steel ring. You could use a 3-inch Pushtite (888-GPM Sioux Chief) , which has a plastic ring, since you could replace that if the ring failed. When you glue, it is hard to redo. Same thinking applies to 43654-OATEY Oatey twist n set -- it is removable.

Reaction score
Thanks all. At this point the push in might be my best bet. One screwup and I'm jackhammering a slab on an almost completed reno. The stub out is almost exactly my floor height, maybe a little sanding to get it flush.

Anyone have a preference for the Pushtite (Sioux Chief) versus the Twist n Set (Oatey)?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks