CO/Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jimbo, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

While I would normally poke fun at Taxachusetts, this is an idea which needs to spread. Governor Romney has just signed "Nicole's Law". It requires installation oc CO alarms in all residences which have fossil fuel burning appliances or have attached enclosed garages.

The press release states that there have been 3000 CO incidents per year, and an alarming number of deaths. This law can eliminate virtuall all the deaths.

I add my strong personal recommendation to install CO alarms in all residences where applicable.

2. Cass

Cass Plumber

I'm with you.

I think it would be a good idea to try and convince customers to do this also without the law being in place. I think I am going to start carrying them in my truck and offering them.

Does any one know a good or best brand to carry.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

Repairing and remodeling homes
    Make Sense To Me, Was My Home

maybe next they'll pass one to keep ted kennedy off the road!

5. Dunbar Plumbing

Dunbar Plumbing Master Plumber

Service Plumber, Outdoor Temperature Relief Owner
    Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
    It would be nice to see these hard wired into the home as well with a battery backup, if the battery dies it keeps making noise till it is replaced. I've walked into many a homes with smoke alarms, no batteries. Kinda like forgetting to put the cap back on the toothpaste, no harm being taken, they think.

6. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    These are flexible - plug it into the wall, or remove the adapter and set it on a counter. Has a 9-volt backup battery. It also shows the levels...long-term low-level exposure may not set off many detectors, but this one will show you the levels.

Attached Files: