Clothes washer waste question

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Magee

Reaction score
So clearly from what we can see here this does not appear to be compliant, what gives be pause is the fact that the connections for the clothes washers are not trapped, makes me wonder if perhaps there is a trap and vent below grade, if that were the case, would this be any different than hanging the washer discharge over the edge of a utility sink?

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 38

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like that does have a trap to me. But not 100% certain. Closer inspection should easily reveal. Also if you cant see one but suspect there is one under slab, then you should be able to see water standing in the trap and NOT hear other plumbing through the sewer if its trapped. But both washers should be individually drained into their own trap.

1703797019460.png

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The only traps allowed below the floor level would be shower, bathtub and floor drains.

1703807961832.jpeg
I'd

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Our Code requires ptrap above the floor and to be 2 inch. Im not going to get into all the why questions like why is it below floor or why our code says no and some say its ok to have a trap below floor I think canadian code allows it none of us do that its looked at as hack , bootleg work but that said I think it should work but its wrong . looks like 1 1/2" instead of 2 inch . you gotta pick your battles on things that need fixing as far as importance .
if its an open drain pipe un trapped Id give it attention even a trap with an aav while not meeting our code might be a satisfactory temporary repair, Im not a proponet of fixing a hack with a hack but open vents to your home is not good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks