Cleanout tie in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cr0ntab

Reaction score
Hey All,

I have a 3" ABS clean out on the side of my house and I wanted to see if it was possible to repurpose this as a tie in for an outdoor bathroom for our pool.

It currently has a threaded cap (that isn't glued in, I broke out a small amount of concrete around to investigate) so my thinking was that I could remove the threaded cap, add a wye and put the threaded cap on the top of the wye. (effectively extending the cleanout?)

I would then use the new wye inlet as the tie in for the outdoor restroom.

To ease installation of all this the plumbing will be above grade and I will build the bathroom on block piers.

The goal is to put in a shower, toilet and a sink.

Pics to aid the imagination:

P.S. I know it's not vented to code, the fixtures are there just to aid the imagination. I'm mainly concerned about the tie in at this stage.

Last edited:

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Ideally, you would just use a 3" mip adapter at the cleanout, add a Tee and a FIP adapter into the top of the tee for the cleanout.

Cr0ntab

Reaction score
Ideally, you would just use a 3" mip adapter at the cleanout, add a Tee and a FIP adapter into the top of the tee for the cleanout.

The threaded adapter is removable, it's just friction fit into the pipe (I've already tried removing it)

So you're saying I can just glue a tee to the top of this riser and move the FIP adapter to the top?

Seems easy enough!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks