Clawfoot tub shower replacement query

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by kevinc22, Mar 31, 2021.

1. kevinc22

kevinc22 New Member

Hi, I'm new to this site, but over the years have gotten great advice by reading the forums. Thanks.
    I'm looking to replace the whole setup for our clawfoot tub with something better than the inexpensive faucet with the diverter that works for a couple of months and then quits.
    The issue I have is my ceiling height. I have only 61 1/2" from my current tub wall mounted faucet ( top of faucet where riser comes out) to the ceiling. I haven't been able to find a setup to make that work. All are too long. The current setup has 2 chrome pipes with a connection midway between the faucet and shower head. I've had an offer to retap a pipe from a new kit, but with the adage that there's no guarantee the tap won't damage the riser finish.
    Any guidance would be appreciated.

2. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

Sign of the crab has been selling these since the 70s. Known as Strom Plumbing there website has changed to Strom living.com

https://stromliving.com/

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Tuttles Revenge likes this.
  4. kevinc22

kevinc22 New Member

Thanks Marlinman for that link.
    I'm going to check it out.
    Have a great evening.