Clarification re: UPC 804.1 - Washing Machine Rough-in requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

ecmejcd

Reaction score
Hi All,

I understand UPC 804.1 requirements for a washer standpipe being no greater than 30", and the p-trap being between 6-18" off the floor; however, I am seeking clarification on what defines the "floor" please...

New laundry going into a basement... the washer will drain into a 2" pipe being excavated into the concrete floor. HOWEVER, the laundry units will be mounted on a raised floor platform that is 14" above the concrete floor. The drain box will be mounted just above the height of the washer, which is 39". So...

I am measuring 30" (max) down from the height of the drain box, which is 39" above the platform floor, and this would put the p-trap right at the 18" max above the "floor" if one considers the floor to be the bottom of the washer, but this no longer works if the floor is considered to be the concrete another 14" lower.

An illustrative photo is attached (better than 1000 words):

Cheers,
Jcd

Last edited:

ecmejcd

Reaction score
Image attached:

UPC 804.1.JPG

ecmejcd

Reaction score
UPDATE: I found this image attached, which resolves the question about the 30" being to the fitting or to the weir: I now understand it is measured to the drain centerline. So my question just remains about what is considered the "floor".

Attachments

• standpipe.jpg
    standpipe.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7,237