Cheap pump update

Users who are viewing this thread

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
I installed a 3/4 horse Hallmark 230v 3inch ebay purchase. It was to replace my 1/2 horse franklin electric/goulds wet end that ran since the 1970s.
I'm happy to report that this cheapo $169 pump dropped 250 feet is still going strong. Same pressures as the day I sent her down. I dont work for hallmark or the ebay seller and get nothing from telling you this. 2 years in for $169 I think i am out of the woods since I did the pump swap myself. Also? I think wetness has swelled my pitless adapter gasket because I lose negligible pressure overnight. Looks like the guys that specified leather gaskets knew a thing or two.

This is only a followup to "do I buy the $900 pump or the $170 pump" question. If you have to pay a well guy to do it, don't cut corners. If my setup fails, I will fix it myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks