Cheap Pump Update

Users who are viewing this thread

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
We are approaching 2 years of the cheap Ebay $150 pump. I can't see what it looks like if its corrroded to crap and full of hardware pitting and fake stainless erosion. Its too far down and I am not yanking it until it breaks. As of today my $150 ebay deep well submersible is delivering the same PSI at the same amp draw give or take 2% since day 1.

Reaction score
Thanks for this. I just looked through your old posts and coincidentally that's the exact pump I've been looking at to replace a 30 year old clapped out jet pump that's spent its entire life operating on the very outer edges of its capabilities.

I did the math and we even have nearly identical total dynamic head so it should work great for me too. The only difference is that I'll be pumping from a 1000 gallon concrete cistern fed from a natural spring so I need to make and attach a flow inducer to the pump (Thanks for all the details on that, valveman).

2stupid2fixit

Reaction score
i am happy you found my posts useful. The pump does get a workout i.e. its controlled by a pressure switch set at around 65/35 give or take. At the time a replacement pump would have cost me $950 or so parts only and that was money i didnt have.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
When I see 65/35 it usually means the pump is cycling on/off too much. Cycling is what destroys pumps. Any pump, even a cheap one will last longer with a Cycle Stop Valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks