Changing Order of Sprinkler Stations

Users who are viewing this thread

Pcapes

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a fairly straight forward question...I hope. I have 12 stations in my sprinkler system. I have a RainBird Controller.
I am wondering if it is possible to switch to have station 6 run first in my program? Basically I would like to switch two stations in the order they run. I want to run in this order - 6,2,3,4,5,1...etc. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,
PC

DallasDIY

Reaction score
As an alternative if you don't want to switch the wires, perhaps treat this as four separate programs running back-to-back. (Assumes you have at least four programs available on your controller and you are not running different programs at different times during the day or else running different programs on different days of the week.)

Program A: Start at 6:00 a.m. Run station 6 for 20 minutes.

Program B: Start at 6:30 a.m. Run stations 2-5 for 20 minutes each.

Program C: Start at 8:00 a.m. Run station 1 for 20 minutes.

Program D: Start at 8:30 a.m. Run stations 7-12 for 20 minutes each.

I realize the station run times might vary based on whether the zone is a spray or a rotor and what you are watering. You can adjust start and run times accordingly. The concept would remain the same. Of course, the next program can start as early as one minute after the end of the prior one but I added some margin.

If you only want station 6 to run first and it's okay to run station 1 right after that, you can do that with two programs:

Program A: Start at 6:00 a.m. Run station 6 for 20 minutes.

Program B: Start at 6:30 a.m. Run stations 1-5, skip 6, run 7-12 for 20 minutes each.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Just connect the wires to the controller in the order you want them to operate. Just remember to adjust the watering times for the new zones.

Just a note that all controllers can only run stations (zones) in numeric order. You can start at station 5 and run to station 8 at one water time. Another watering time stations 1-4, etc. You can skip stations in one program.

What brand and model controller do you have?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks