Can't remove well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

cabinetman765

Reaction score
I have a submersable well pump that has gone out. The Home was built in 1973 and I have lived in the house 3 years. My plumber and I tried for hours to remove the pump for replacement. It (and I know what i'm describing isn't the pump, but I can't remember what the part is called) has the 1 1/4 hole on top where you screw in a pipe/ make a T kind of thing. We tried everything we could think of. I even called a wrecker out to try to lift it out, but nothing but a broken "T" flying off the threads. I can't tell you much more about it, but I would appreciate ANY suggestions on getting it out so I can replace it.

cabinetman765

Reaction score
See if you can get a picture of what is down the hole. It shouldn't be that hard. There maybe a latch.

This is all I could get. May have figured out the problem and found a solution but would like to hear your input.

Attachments

• Digitalcam..jpg
    Digitalcam..jpg
    48 KB · Views: 3,259

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Looking at the corrosion and fit it might be necessary to cut the casing below the pitless adapter and pull it all out in one piece.

cabinetman765

Reaction score
Looking at the corrosion and fit it might be necessary to cut the casing below the pitless adapter and pull it all out in one piece.

That's what we did today. pump itself is stuck now like the pitless adapter. Poured Muratic Acid down well and waiting about 20 hours. Got water jumped off neighbors byway of a garden hose. The Shower after 3 days was phenominal.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I've often thought the standard installation of a 4" pump in a 4" casing was crazy.

Happy to have a 6" well here.

Good luck!

cabinetman765

Reaction score
not even a well driller could get it out, so I have to drill a new well. But thanks so much for the brainstorming help everyone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks