Can’t figure out how the shower knob comes off

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
This shower has started dripping through the shower head. It is a shower only (no tub spout). It has two knobs. The lower one adjusts the temperature and the upper one controls the water flow. The water flow knob is a ¼ turn style.

I can’t seem get the upper knob to come off so I can fix it and stop the leak. The knob does not have any set screw, nor a cap on the end to expose a screw.

The flange will spin but also does not seem to have any way to come off. I have taken the lower temperature control knob off and I can’t seem to find any brand name.

The only way I can think of to get the knob off is to turn it counterclockwise beyond its natural ¼ turn but if I am wrong, I will just end up breaking the valve.

Let me know any ideas on how to remove the knob.

Thank you.

shower 2.jpg
shower 3.jpg
shwoer 4-2.jpg
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks