American Standard Single Knob Shower Faucet ID And Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Gryphon

Reaction score
I am trying to repair what looks like an American Standard single knob shower valve. It is in a shower that hasn't been used in several years and when I recently tried to use it, there is no water flow either hot or cold and the knob is very difficult to turn and move.
DSCN4235.JPG

I tried to get at the cartridge, but all I can remove is the acrylic knob. There is a metal piece behind the knob that is firmly attached to the cartridge actuator. I can find no set screws holding this piece.
DSCN4236.JPG

DSCN4237.JPG

I am sure there is a method to remove it, but I am stymied. I have spent most of the day searching the internet for information on the faucet and possibly instructions for servicing the cartridge but can't find anything. The faucet might be from the mid 60's to early 70's as that is the time frame when the house was built.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks