Mixet Single Knob Temperature Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

celo

Reaction score
I have a classic Mixet round clear knob with temperature tab that moves around left and right for temperature control.

Shower cartridge went bad so I went to HD, bought a replacement cartridge, and replaced it. Seemed to work initially but after a month or so, the temperature tab moves with the flow control knob when you turn on the water. Plus, it's hard to get the water hot and seems to fluctuate when you get there. If you then adjust the flow, water turns cold. The whole thing is a mess. I've done a couple of these before (these are rental properties) with no problem. This is the 2nd one that has been a pain to install right.

I've watched videos and followed the instructions. Cartridge facing the right side (up/down). Installing it with the valve open. Etc ... Not sure what I am missing here.

Any insight is appreciated.

Property built post 1984.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks