Can PEX be snaked???

Users who are viewing this thread

Maemer

Reaction score
Live in an Old house...have Old galvanized pipes..so that's probably the reason I have low water pressure...since the pipes are so full of gunk!!!
Is it possible to snake/fish PEX??? Say you hook it to the pipe in shower and go under the house and pull the pipe down...I just hate to tear up plaster walls

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
First do you have basement or a crawl space? What pipe are you talking about to "pull the pipe down"? An existing galvanize pipe? How would you attach the pex to this pipe? If you have a crawl space that is maybe 2 feet high, you would need to cut the pipe every foot or so as you pull it down.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You MIGHT be able to do it, EXCEPT the connection between the PEX and galvanized would be too large to fit through the holes drilled in the floor and walls.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks