Can anyone help me with setting up a new water dispenser for the office?

Users who are viewing this thread

elmo3334

Reaction score
My company just ordered a replacement for the water dispenser in the office. I thought it was as easy as unpacking, plugging in, switching on and placing a water bottle on (sadly in that exact order :(). To my defense, I work and live in a foreign country so the manual was not in English and I couldn't read the instructions.

Unfortunately, I realized after plugging it in and switching it on that there was a clicking sound that got me worrying, so I quickly looked online and realized I shouldn't have switched it on nor plugged it in even. I proceeded to switch it off and unplug it, while also adding the water and draining it through the hot water facet.

I then plugged in and turned on the appliance, but the hot water light won't turn on. The weird thing is when I switch the hot water on the power light switches off and when I turn it off again the power turns on.

Have I irreversibly damaged my company's new appliance? I only had the hot switch on for not more than a minute initially. Is that enough time to cause such a damage? I'm afraid I'll be paying for something that I shouldn't have even been doing in the first place but was asked to. I also thought the technician that brought the appliance should have set it up, but that's beyond the point now.

I've switched off everything and unplugged the device for now. What should I do?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
You burned out the heating element. It must sit in water first. I did the same thing but was plugged in only about 5 seconds and saved the day, however, if it is also a water cooler that will still work. Check for a power switch for the hot water if there is a separate one from the cooler. It could have a built in breaker and it tripped out. Cycle the switch to reset it.

elmo3334

Reaction score
You burned out the heating element. It must sit in water first. I did the same thing but was plugged in only about 5 seconds and saved the day, however, if it is also a water cooler that will still work. Check for a power switch for the hot water if there is a separate one from the cooler. It could have a built in breaker and it tripped out. Cycle the switch to reset it.
So you're saying there's nothing I can do about it other than use it as a cooler only?

Reach4

Reaction score
You might ask the maker if a failed heating element was replaceable.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks