Can a Plumber replace only the center spout?

Users who are viewing this thread

edwardh3

Reaction score
I want a spout that swivels left and right.
The plumbing lines to the spout are below the deck - cant get to them from side or below
- I do not mind cutting into the deck after removing some tile, but could a plumber replace just the spout? or do you have to replace the cross lines to the faucets too? The cross lines (viewed from under the house) look to be between two beams and were probably put in before the tub.
Or just rip it all out and get a one hole faucet/ controls unit?

Attachments

• DSC00479.jpg
    DSC00479.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 222

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You will not be able to replace just the spout. The connections to it are unique to that particular brand and model. And the spout may connected to a solid manifold underneath. Could be a tee with flex lines, but you would not find one to work.

Can't really see in the picture if this is a sink or tub, but in either case, I have never seen a swivel spout by any manufacturer. Maybe someone else will have a recommendation.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
There are lots of swivel sink spouts out there, but they're single-handle faucet models. Looks more like a tub to me, though, but why would you want a swivel in the tub?

GrumpyPlumber

Licensed Grump
Reaction score
It would cost more overall to replace just the spout, for the fact that you'd spend more time looking for one & adapting the spout to the existing handles.
Had a similar request last year, very few MFG's & suppliers will let go of individual parts...you buy the whole setup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks