Cadet Pro problem with flush valve chain sticking

Users who are viewing this thread

kimk33

Reaction score
I just had a new Cadet Pro installed in February. About once a day, the flapper stays up and I have to open the lid and pull the plastic tube that surrounds the chain out of the flush valve notches where it gets stuck. American Standard sent me an email saying they would send a replacement flush valve because mine must be defective. I don't think it's defective....it seems like a design flaw. I really don't want to pay another $100 to have someone install a new flush valve on a brand new toilet. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!

Attachments

• toilet 2.jpg
    toilet 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 196
  • toilet.jpg
    toilet.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 171

Reach4

Reaction score
Unclip the chain from the lever arm. With the flapper closed, clip the chain so that it is about 2 links away from being taut when you are not touching the lever.

Also, can you attach the bottom of the chain to one of 3 places? If so, pick a place that makes the chain pull closer to straight up.

fluidmaster-toilet-flappers-5401gbp4-64_100.jpg

Last edited:

kimk33

Reaction score
Unclip the chain from the lever arm. With the flapper closed, clip the chain so that it is about 2 links away from being taut when you are not touching the lever.

Also, can you attach the bottom of the chain to one of 3 places? If so, pick a place that makes the chain pull closer to straight up.

fluidmaster-toilet-flappers-5401gbp4-64_100.jpg

Thanks! I will try those fixes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks