Bryant evolution thermostat

Users who are viewing this thread

Samat

Reaction score
I have a Bryant Evolution AC System and I need to replace the thermostat which is unique to this system. Cannot figure how to release the thermostat from the wall mount. There are four mounting tabs according to the manual that the outer part snaps into. I need to replace the outer unit which has all the electronics in it without breaking the wall bracket. Anyone know how to do This?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
A picture or model number of the thermostat will help. If this is your thermostat it is proprietary for high end Bryant and Carrier Infinity Units.
Just put your index fingers and thumb at each bottom corner and pull slightly up. The bottom releases first then the top, opposite putting it back on. Hook the top tabs first then push from the bottom. It might seem very hard at first. After snapping it back on it will take about three minutes to initialize and you will have to go through a new set up procedure. The thermostat will go throught a learning procedure after some basic inputs and will take about 5-10 minute s for the complete relearn.
ControlsThermostats_evol_SYSTXBBECC01-A-lg.png

Samat

Reaction score
A picture or model number of the thermostat will help. If this is your thermostat it is proprietary for high end Bryant and Carrier Infinity Units.
Just put your index fingers and thumb at each bottom corner and pull slightly up. The bottom releases first then the top, opposite putting it back on. Hook the top tabs first then push from the bottom. It might seem very hard at first. After snapping it back on it will take about three minutes to initialize and you will have to go through a new set up procedure. The thermostat will go throught a learning procedure after some basic inputs and will take about 5-10 minute s for the complete relearn.
ControlsThermostats_evol_SYSTXBBECC01-A-lg.png
[/QUOE]

Samat

Reaction score
D90E89AB-AF22-415E-8736-8DEAD3FA7FE1.jpeg
See the image. There are four slots in the back of the unit where clips are but cannot access. The backlight cannot be shut off and the temperature reading is incorrect. I believe the model is SVSTXBBUIDOI.

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Grab both sides in the middle and pull straight out firmly.

I hate those units. I had eight of them at my church and all but one went bad. After a power failure they would revert to an old program. They still worked but no fix but to replace them.
I highly suggest to get one pictured above with WiFi but they are expensive and do work with your proprietary unit. If you bought a used one it most likely if will work but after a power lost you'll have to reprogram it.

Samat

Reaction score
Thank you. I got it off. Can’t believe how hard I had too pull. Can’t believe what a lousy design. I have some concerns about buying a used unit. I’m going to turn off the power until I get a replacement. Won’t need air conditioning until next year. Do you know of any internet sites that have a decent price.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
Thank you. .... Won’t need air conditioning until next year. Do you know of any internet sites that have a decent price.

You cannot buy these proprietary units from anyone but a Carrier parts dealer and they usually will not sell over the counter at least that is what I found in Florida. https://www.totaline.com/ The last one I had to buy was $415 for the WiFi unit. A real nice thermostat, not to hard to learn how to program.

So all the money that you were going to save with a high efficient unit is now spent on parts. Of the eight units at the chuch we had to change three fan motors and two compressor control boards and two compressor fans in a span of seven years. Yes there are commercial units but all parts are extremely expensive compared to a regular Seer 16 Carrier unit that I have for my home.
Here is a remote snapshot for the parts number of one of the WIFI thermostats.

upload_2017-9-30_12-45-56.png

Samat

Reaction score
I thought I could only use the same thermostat. My neighbor is in the commercial HVAC business so I assume he can get me one. I say one on the web for $750. WOW

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you know if the thermostat is actually wired like a conventional one? There are other aftermarket thermostats that are adaptive - many of the Honeywell series 'learn' your system and turn it on so your dwelling is at the desired temperature when you select, verses what most do is turn on at the programmed time. In this manner, it might turn on 15-minutes early on a mild day, or maybe more than an hour if you had a deep setback on a cold day. IOW, you might not be stuck with their thermostat. The installation manual should help, but if you don't have that, inside of the unit there is often a wiring diagram.

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
It is not a conventional wired thermostat. It is 100% proprietary. Only two pair (transmit and receive) between the air handler and compressor. Both the air handler and compressor fans are ECM. The control boards are anything but standard. They have a specific terminating resistor and the boards must match. If not the thermostat gives you an error that the compressor has failed. The thermostat and the control board for the air handler communicate with each other, if not it won't work.

You may be able to be rewired with OEM basic control boards but these ECM motors are something else. The front end has a 220-240 input that converts to DC and it is feed to the DC motor. The control lead to the ECM motor for RPMs 0-12v that controls it down to the exact RPM. The thermostat will tell you the RPM of the air handler fan motor. The air handler even has a static air pressure sensor. If there is too much back pressure (aka filter is dirty or a damper was closed too much), it faults out and shuts the system down. After I retired my replacement for maintenance was an an AC mechanic. I'm sure when the compressor goes the replacement will be a standard AC unit.

Since a church is considered commercial property the engineering firm that designed the mechanics specified these units. Judging from the electric bill these units are extremely efficient but when it comes to replacement parts you get hammered. The price I stated above was dealer cost to the church, not what a AC service company would cost. The compressor fan motor dealer cost is around $600. A OEM AC unit they are around $150 starting. Nothing wrong with Carrier, just that the replacement parts for these units needed for usual repairs are very expensive. The rating are from 18 to 21 SEER .

WorthFlorida

Solutions
Reaction score
From Bryant web site

Evolution® Connex™ Control
Model SYSTXBBECC01-A

A Touch Control for Your Whole-home Comfort
Offering Wi-Fi® connectivity through an existing home network, this Evolution® Connex™ control puts comfort control at your fingertips. Capable of managing a complete home comfort system including humidity, ventilation and zoning, it is also the brains behind Bryant's highest-efficiency Evolution products. Its user-friendly, touch-screen design is packed with intelligent, energy-management features.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks