Booster pump, pressure tank location

Users who are viewing this thread

Desert

Reaction score
Hello this is a newbie here living off grid in high desert area,CA
I'd like to ask some help and thank in advance.

I have 2 large metal water storage tanks 150ft away from the main water supply valve of the house.
I want to install a booster pump and a pressure tank to supply water from the storage tanks to the whole house(2 story).

1. The firstquestion is where should booster pump, pressure tank should be located? Near the storage tanks?, near the main water supply valve of the house? Or should booster pump be next to the storage tank & pressure tank near the house?

2. What size the booster pump need to be?

3. If a booster pump and a pressure tank should be located near the house, is there any benefit of raising it? (As there already is an about 4ft raised structure there)

I kept the info and questions simple above as it is quite complicated to me. Ill wrote and draw about all the other info on the image below. The left pane is my situation right now. The right pane is how I am planning to change this. If any thing unclear, please ask me, and thank you

Attachments

• Document_2.jpg
    Document_2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 121

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
It is best to keep the booster pump as close to the storage tanks as possible. But it could be quite a ways from the storage tanks if needed. Pressure switch and pressure tank need to be close together, and can be close to the pump or at the house if that is where the power is coming from.

LOW YIELD WELL_ CENTRIFUGAL_PK1A.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks