Boiler keeps cutting out. Need help!

Discussion in 'Boiler Forum' started by Ria, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Ria

Ria New Member

So my boiler keeps cutting out says no water presser. When I opened the airing cupboard to get to the boiler I noticed a fishy smell coming from a pipe and all gung coming from the boiler pipes. Just wonder what it is.

C8283283-D001-416E-84A7-1917C95C04CB.jpeg

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    It's a leaky compression fitting. It needs to be opened up and cleaned. May need a new compression ring but it usually requires a tool to remove the old one. If your boiler has an expansion tank, do check it that it is not full of water. What the gunk is (?), maybe something in the water is reacting. Why it alarms with no pressure could be that this leak is relieving the pressure and it get too low.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Ria

Ria New Member

Thankyou for your reply, I have no idea what an expansion tank is but have someone hopefully coming out today to look at everything so will mention it to them then. Thankyou again

5. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    An expansion tank keeps the boiler pressure at a safe level when the water expands on heating. The fitting might have failed due to too high pressure. It’s something that needs to check at least once a year