Best season to have boiler cleaned

Users who are viewing this thread

Ctreefer

Reaction score
I have a 30 year old WM oil fired boiler with an indirect Burnham 40 gallon water heater. In the homes I’ve lived in, I’ve always had the boiler cleaned late fall, but some literature that I’ve read say that if your system has indirect water tank that they suggest having the unit cleaned near the end of the heating season.

Any truth to that?

I do note that during the off season, I typically burn about 140 gallons over the course of 5 months which seems like a lot but I do have a teenage daughter that takes really long showers.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Have it cleaned when you think it is needed. In the middle of winter, service guys are busy taking care of no heat situations. Cleaning was alway done in the summer time since the furnace can be shut down for a few hours and to allow it to cool down and the service techs usually do not have emergency calls. The idea of having it cleaned at the end of the heating season is when after a few months of constant use it is when the furnace may be at it dirtiest.

Fitter30

Reaction score
End of the heating season anything that would of broke would of been fixed and most people aren't thinking about cooling. Slow time for contactors.

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
I clean before the fall but I don't check combustion until I get a cold day.

John

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks