Best hose for AC main drain to sink

Users who are viewing this thread

wbnethery3

Reaction score
We have two AC units which are each plumbed to drain into the top side of pee traps in bathroom sinks. I don’t have pics to show, but it’s a pretty standard installation from what I can tell looking for answers online. A hose with worm gear clamps on each end connects the main drain PVC pipe where it comes out of the wall (what looks like a 3/4” slip/MPT fitting) to the Y piece on the 1.5” sink drain. It is a pretty stiff plastic that does not handle short radius bends well. In both cases, the hose is not kinked but pretty flat at the tightest portion of the bend. I feel like there should be a more flexible hose installed for these so that the inside diameter of the drain isn’t so restricted. I was hoping one of the pros here could suggest the best material.

Thanks!

wbnethery3

Reaction score

Saw that at the local big box and considered buying some. I'm also thinking a strategic addition to the stub-out to make it better align with my sink tailpiece would be good as well. When they roughed it in, they came out of the wall pretty high so the hose has to turn down first... I think they rotated the Y by 90 degrees to allow the hose to bend in as large a radius as possible but it is just too short. I think I could use a longer length of hose and achieve a better result also. What they used seems similar to the hose that connects our dishwasher to the kitchen sink disposer... the hose you suggested is definitely more flexible. Not cheap but worth trying to avoid backing up the AC drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks