One SLOW sink drain!

Users who are viewing this thread

PcrMusic

Reaction score
So maybe it is related. I would expect a clog to happen at about place B, where the long sweep should be.
However E should have been a combo( combination wye and 45). So maybe that would lead to a clog around there.

You do have a cleanout in that horizontal. Maybe you could rod to the right of that, but there are two elbows that might be hard to get through. It would be nice if you could rod from D and through C and on up. If you fix all of this, consider a bidirectional cleanout at D.

View attachment 70495

It's possible that your earlier rodding efforts from the bathroom ran the snake up into the vent system rather than down to C-D-E and beyond.

I could try and snake from the clean out, but I’ve had zero problems (so far) with the kitchen sink that drains out this white PVC - I’ve never tried it yet though. Is it still advisable? Also, is there any method on getting the snake up to D rather than heading down? Much appreciated!!!!

Reach4

Reaction score
I could try and snake from the clean out, but I’ve had zero problems (so far) with the kitchen sink that drains out this white PVC. Is it still advisable?
If you let the bathroom drain sit overnight, how much water will the drain readily accept before it starts backing up?

A pint would mean one thing. A gallon would mean another. A pint means blockage is close. Gallon means farther.

Also, is there any method on getting the snake up to D rather than heading down? Much appreciated!!!!

Not from your cleanout. You could saw a section of copper pipe at D. Rod upward. Then restore that section with two shielded couplers. However, replacing stuff would be even better, and you could add another cleanout during that process.

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I almost never run 1-1/2 for any drains I run 2 inch to a 2 x 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 santee for lavs unless there is a real tight problem. That's the normal way here to build. And on ground work there is no 1-1/2 " pipe except trap arms and island sink foot vents . Pretty much the only way I've seen it done here 1-1/2 " is for vents and trap arms 90 percent of time. Not that any of this practice causing a drain issue just a difference on how things are generally plumbed here.

Last edited by a moderator:

PcrMusic

Reaction score
I almost never run 1-1/2 for any drains I run 2 inch to a 2 x 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 santee for lavs unless there is a real tight problem. That's the normal way here to build. And on ground work there is no 1-1/2 " pipe except trap arms and island sink foot vents . Pretty much the only way I've seen it done here 1-1/2 " is for vents and trap arms 90 percent of time. Not that any of this practice causing a drain issue just a difference on how things are generally plumbed here.
Good point. If I end up going the route of putting in a new drain , I’ll go bigger on the length of the drain into a wye.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks