Bathtub spout

Users who are viewing this thread

Tom Palleria

Reaction score
The wife bought new faucets for remodeled bathroom.I figured i could install them my self.I removed tub spout that was pressed on with set screw.THe new one has front end threads.I was told that i would have to replace old one with one that had set screw and return other one.Is this true?????

Reach4

Reaction score
It depends. What do you have now coming out of the wall? It may be that replacing the nipple you have now with a new nipple would be what you need. If you have a copper stub, you could maybe solder a threaded piece onto the copper stub. However with the copper stub, there is an advantage to the set screw method: there is easy adjustment. With a threaded tip, the length may or may not be very critical.

You might want to post a photo. Do you have a model number for the new spout?

There are some spouts that are better than others.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The only way to install a threaded spout is to have a threaded fitting on the pipe sticking out. So, you have a choice, add one, or switch to a different spout with a push-on seal.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks