Bathtub 3 Handle Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

omar Flores

Reaction score
I have a problem with my Price Pfister faucets. I have installed and reinstalled new (12H-18D) Diverter and (12H-2H/C) stems. I have also replaced the seats, Bibb washers, Diverter washers, Bonnet Packings, Handle Adapters, Gaskets, and everything else that comes in the repair kit. My Cold or Diverter are still leaking. I have made sure that the seats are well inserted with no chips, even put teflon tape around the threads, but still dripping quite a bit.
What am I doing wrong?
Omar
serolf@swbell.net

pp_tub_valve.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Well, if I had rebuilt your faucet, I would have thrown all of that stuff away and converted it to the new ceramic seals that do not have those problems. But, unless you have done something wrong, it should not have happened. One thing that some people do wrong is install the stems in other than the fully retracted, (completely open), position and when the stem is inserted and tightened it "pops" the web that the seat is screwed into. If that happens there is no cure other than to replace the body inside the wall. Without seeing and working on your faucet, we cannot tell if that is what happened, or not.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks