Bathroom vent plan - will it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

OldHousePlumbing

Reaction score
Hi, I am gutting and re-doing a 2nd floor TINY bath in a very old house. I have mapped out the Drain/vent system for the 3 fixtures (shower, toilet, sink) all dumping into the common 6" cast iron waste stack.

Here is the proposed sketch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/alc8312138fcg6d/IMG_1111.JPG?dl=0

Previously, the entire bathroom was wet-vented using only the waste stack. My concern is that the way it was plumbed, the WC was NOT the last fixture entering the stream. I can not change that, but my questions are:

-will the addition of the sink dry vent be enough to prevent syphoning of the p-traps by a toilet flush in the sink and shower? (see sketch)

-If so, will the wet vent section of 2" be sufficient for the shower? This is a TINY bathroom and any size savings on pipes is a plus!

-If you see any glaring problems with my plan, please let me know.

JS

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks