Bathroom sink started draining slowly

Users who are viewing this thread

Hudson

Reaction score
A few months ago I noticed that my bathroom sink started draining slower. If I wait 20 seconds, everything drains OK. The drain has been there since 75. I took the trap out and made sure that it was clear. Everything that I could see was clear all the way to the wall.

I went up on the roof and looked into the vent pipe....using a flashlight. It was clear all the way to the bottom.
What's my next step?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Reaction score
WorthFlorida is correct. The blockage can be in the sink often where the overflow meets, or in the pivot mechanism if it is internal within the drain path.

If you were able to remove the p-trap, try to remove the drain tailpiece too. That's the area that drops down from the sink to the p-trap.

repair-bathroom-sink-drain-illustration.jpg

Hudson

Reaction score
Thanks WorthFlorida and StandardAirConditioner!

I have either removed or looked through the pipe from the sink to the waste pipe. It is clear. I did remove some gunk from the bottom of the tail piece...but I don't think that was causing the issue. It still doesn't drain normally.

Where would you go next?

Disregard above...it's fixed. I took the commode plunger and plunged it hard about 10 times. It's OK now. I never thought about plunging a sink...until now. I should've done that first.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks