Bathroom faucet leak

Users who are viewing this thread

TL

Reaction score
Hi, again!

I noticed last night that my bathroom faucet had some air in the line when I turned the water on. It cleared out quickly. It did the same this morning, but I noticed a small amount of water on the floor. I took a look under (pedestal sink) and the water drips down from the drain plug rod in the center when either hot or cold water is turned on.

How do I pinpoint the cause of the leak?

I have to go cut the grass before it gets dark, but I took the handles off real quickly and the O-rings on both sides "look" ok.

Should I just pull the whole faucet off?

I can provide pics if needed. I'll be back!

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
I noticed last night that my bathroom faucet had some air in the line when I turned the water on. It cleared out quickly. It did the same this morning, but I noticed a small amount of water on the floor.
Those two symptoms are not related. A leak will will not let air into your water supply pipe, because the water supply line is pressurized. A water softener could potentially add air; mine does, but the air is not bothersome enough to fix it.

I can't help with the drain leak, but others can. A photo is often helpful.

TL

Reaction score
What would you like pics of exactly?

Should I take the faucet off?

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Quote: "I took a look under (pedestal sink) and the water drips down from the drain plug rod in the center when either hot or cold water is turned on."

It could be a leak from the plug rod.
Try tightening the rod nut in the back of the sink drain.
If not: Take the rod out. The nut should have a thin plastic washer inside, maybe yours is damaged.

TL

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

No, not that part of the drain plug that goes into the sink tailpiece.

(Maybe) better stated. . .the water is coming from the center hole in the sink and running down the rod for the drain plug.

Looks like I'm going to have take everything off. . .

TL

Reaction score
It's this model.

I, for the record, LOATHE anything related to Black and Decker family. . .

1d757d61-b20b-4414-9762-0dbc645daa61_1000.jpg

TL

Reaction score
Looks like the cold water cartridge is broken. The hot one looks ok, but water comes out of that same place when I turn it on. I'll replace those and see what happens. . .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks