Bath faucet - plastic housing leaking, replacable?

Users who are viewing this thread

wongper

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using an older (10+ yrs) peerless bath/shower faucet and it is leaking. (the housing is same as the picture attached) I have replaced the Seats and Springs but it didn't help. I suspect that the actual plastic housing assembly (# 2 in the picture) is leaking. Would like to get some help on whether the plastic housing can be replaced and if yes, can it just be pulled out from the brass valve body?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Wongper

Attachments

• Faucet Housing.jpg
    Faucet Housing.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 452

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Item #2 is the balancing spool. If defective, you may get improper balance, or low flow from hot or cold. It would not cause the faucet to drip. If the balancing cartridge is damaged, just pull it out and replace it.

If the spout/shower head is dripping, replace the seats and springs, item 1, and if necessary, the control stem ( next to the #1 in the picture.

wongper

Reaction score
Thanks for the advise. I got it fixed today. I went to Home Depot and show the plumbing associate and he right a way knew what it is and they actually have part (# 2) there for free. Took the part home, pulled the old part out and inserted the new one, no more leaking. Can't believe it's free.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks