Basement shower build question

Users who are viewing this thread

Aw2

Reaction score
IMG_0685.JPG
Hello everyone. I have enjoyed this forum for a long time and appreciate all of the helpful and knowledgeable people who take time to post.
With that said, i have a question. I am finishing my basement. I have rough in plumbing for the bathroom and plan to build a walk in shower. Due to the layout of the plumbing, one wall of the shower would be against the foundation (8" poured concrete, 9' high). Originally I felt i had a solid plan, but I'm becoming a bit concerned about a couple items.
So, the shower will be approx 42x60. The 42" wall will be against The foundation. I have no water seepage in the wall, it is unground to about 12" from the sill, sprayed from the outside with thick tar and insulation, tough n dry sustem.
My plan was to apply 2" ridgid xps foam to the foundation wall, seal with expanding foam at all seams and tape, then frame a standard 2x4 wall with unfaced fiberglass or roxul. Wall covering will be mold/mildew drywall for a Kerdi shower system.
My concern is placing the kerdi system inside the shower and then having a permiable space with the stud wall, followed by the thick risgid foam. I don't want to create a safe haven for mold growth. I am going to attach a rough sketch of the planned layout for reference.
My question is does this sound like a solid layout? Or one that will lead to moisture problems later. Is there a better way to handle this foundation wall? I can't apply anything directly to it as it is a brick pattern.
Thank you for any and all of your opinions. I truly appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0686.JPG
    IMG_0686.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 115
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks