Basement laundry plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

John2019

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
I live in Toronto area, Ontario, Canada. I would need help related to plumbing.
The washing machine and laundry sink are in the basement.
I intend to relocate them. The builder didn't provide any cleanout for the stack where the washing machine and laundry sink drain are connected.
I attached the pictures and also some drawings.
The pictures and the drawing named "existing piping" show the existing piping.
The drawing named "new location" shows where I intend to move the washing machine and laundry sink.
The drawing named "new piping" shows what I intend to do.
I hope there are not to many mistakes. My problem is don't understand well where the cleanouts are suposed to be.
1) The code says that any 90 degree sweep should have a cleanout installed at each change of direction. As this sweep is behind the new laundry sink am I allowed by code to move it a bit farther upstream?
2) The builder didn't provide any cleanaout on the stack. Should I add one at the botoom of the stack?
Can it be mounted above the two sanitary tee's?

By the way, I could upload pictures taken with a camera but I couldn't upload any scans done in pdf or jpg.

Thank you,
John

new-location.JPG
existing.JPG
DSC04854.JPG
DSC04853.JPG
new-piping.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04852.JPG
    DSC04852.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 135
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
From memory a clean out shall n be installed at the base of every stack, every change of direction greater than 45 Deg and every 50 feet (some codes say every 100 feet)

Also having the sink and stand pipe going to the same trap not a great idea as the volume of the washing machine may blow the seal of the trap

Possibly a laundry tub would be a better option so the volume would be controlled and use it as an indirect waste

As far as venting is concerned ideally a trap should be within 2 feet of a trap and a sink within two feet of a trap so you have 4 feet to play with

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks