Basement DWV Piping Plan Question/Review

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximus44

Reaction score
Good Evening All,

My family and I close on a house in a short time and finishing the basement is the first priority as explained by my 7-yr old daughter. The basement is currently dry, has a dry sump pit (inspection was during a 3-day rain event and the sump pit was bone dry), and tall ceilings. Since the basement is current unfinished I am planning on adding a bathroom as well as finishing the basement with an office and rec/play room for the kids.

The basement was never plumbed for a bathroom so I'll be breaking up some concrete and adding a sewage basin and pump (sewer drain to township is roughly 36" off the floor). There is no spare or extra vent in the basement I can tie-in to so the plan is to run a new one to the roof.

I'm attaching pictures of a sketchup piping plan as well as the simple floor plan design for the basement. I'm not awesome at sketchup so the drawing isn't to scale as far as drain heights from floor, etc. I'm a novice DIY'er with some plumbing experience but never designing my own group and having to vent it so this is new territory for me. My plan is to take the designs to the code office prior to requesting the permit to review with the township as well.

I've lurked on the forum for some time and used it a lot when I remodeled a 1950s home back in 2014 (replaced two bathrooms, a kitchen, new wiring, and refinished the hard wood floors). Hopefully I'm not too far off as I've tried reading up on this for the past couple of months prior to getting this far.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Bruce

aAgR5iR.png

ENf3C
HeGaG
5lx82hG.png

Reach4

Reaction score
Make the tub a 45 (as you did with the toilet) or combo. Invert the vent tee from the way you show it. Indicate that the left end is a cleanout.

Then they will love it, I predict. I am not a plumber.

Make the closet bend a 3" x 4". That is not required by code, but it is better. Get the rough in centered 12 inches from the finished wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks