Basement Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

Nate_2020

Reaction score
I'm trying to add a full bathroom with washer and dryer hook ups in my basement. The existing main drain line is above the concrete floor of the basement so we've decided to go with an up-flush/macerator system. Because of existing HVAC duct work that we don't want to move, the location of our bathroom is pretty much fixed.

My question, is the attached sketch for the drain and vent lines appropriate? I've also attached a basic room layout. The red lines on the room layout is a rough layout for my drains.

Attachments

• Room Sketch.png
    Room Sketch.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Shower-Washer Drain.png
    Shower-Washer Drain.png
    63.5 KB · Views: 170

Reach4

Reaction score
The macerator pit will need a real vent , not an AAV. I think a full sealed septic pit sounds warranted, unless the toilet makers say they can handle your full washer +bathroom.

Nate_2020

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, Reach. I've been looking at Saniflo macerators and pumps. They have one that will take the toilet, sink and shower. I have a question in about the washer. It will have a separate vent. If I understand it right, I can wet vent it into the existing main drain.

What I'm concerned is the plumping and venting for the shower and washer set up. The sink will have it's own AAV since it's on the other side of the room.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have a question in about the washer. It will have a separate vent. If I understand it right, I can wet vent it into the existing main drain.
You cannot wet vent it, but you can AAV vent it into the main drain via a standpipe. Or you can dry vent it with a real vent, of course.

What I'm concerned is the plumping and venting for the shower and washer set up.
To me, logic would dictate that the shower trap would not need its own vent if going a short-enough way into the vented pit. However I don't think the code writes buy into my logic. I am not a pro. Does the Saniflo document show the shower with its own vent?

Nate_2020

Reaction score
Here is a video from the Saniflo folks. I'm basically trying to mimic what they are doing, except instead of tying the sink and shower vents into the macerator's vent, I'll just do AAVs.

Also, here is another sketch of what I'm assuming is the existing house drain.

Attachments

• Existing Main Drain.png
    Existing Main Drain.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 158
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks