Basement 3 piece wet vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

mco7

Reaction score
index.php

the basement floor has been chipped in accordance to the drawing where I’m laying pipe now I’m wondering would this be legal and still work as a wet vent?

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not sure what fitting you were planning on using at the intersection between the 2" and 3" drain.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-9_20-58-40.jpg
    upload_2020-5-9_20-58-40.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 158

IPDQKWID

Reaction score
Hi, this vent question is one I'm on here looking for. Is there any reason a guy couldn't go 2" vents throughout (say, an addition) where there are 2 bathrooms (shower, lav, WC each) and a new laundry room with laundry tub. Eventually the 2" vents tie into the 3" stack. But my real question is that all over I see 1 1/2" venting referenced. Is it a preference, or material cost, or does it have to do with airflow physics? Can venting be too big?

When I got my inspection prior to cementing the floor in, the plumbing inspector made me switch from 4" drains to 3". My three boys duke footballs, I wanted 4" - he made it sound like I was doing it wrong. Long story, but I'm still pissed. So I guess that's my real question - can venting be too big?

mco7

Reaction score
Not sure what fitting you were planning on using at the intersection between the 2" and 3" drain.

I was planning on using a 3x2 reducer then a 2” 45 to go to the 2 inch portion. would that still work as a wet vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks