ball valve question..

Users who are viewing this thread

harveymasons

Reaction score
This question may or may not belong here but if someone can answer it, it would be most helpful.

I am hooking up a 1/4 x 100 ft high pressure hose to my pressure washer to do some sewer jetting, unfortunately I will have no way to control the flow of water only by turning th eengine on and off, I will not be using the wand/gun that pressure washer comes with. I Was told I can install a ball valve to start and stop water flow instead of having to start and stop the engine. I am just unsure where this needs to be hooked up, at the pump before the hose or after somewhere??

any help is greatly appreciated, and sorry for not being a 100% plumbing question.

regards,
harvey

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
You need to look at the way your pressure washer operates with the wand. Is the wand just a valve, or does it feed back some kind of signal to the pressure washer. If it is just a valve, then the pump probably bypasses through some kind of relief valve.

The other thing is that you need a valve and fittings that are designed for the operating pressure of the pressure washer. Most fittings and valves that you buy at Big Orange or such places are not designed for such pressures. A mistake that rusults in bursting a line or valve could have fatal consequences.

The only place you are likely to get the proper fittings is a place that sells parts for pressure washers, or a high pressure hydraulics shop.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

It has to be after the pump, but it also has to be before the hose or you could not operate it. So if the hose connects directly to the pump then that is where to put the valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks