Anyone using HHT Econ or Smith low temp baseboard?

Users who are viewing this thread

BirchwoodBill

Reaction score
First thanks to everyone who answers questions here, I am learning a lot.

I am starting to plan a boiler replacement to coincide with a remodeling effort. I have started with the original manual j calculations done in 1986 ... which shows 59k BTUh. Since the original construction in 1986 we have finished basement R13 in walls and insulated the attic with closed cell foam. During the last cold spell the attic got to 32f. Second floor currently has warm board and we are planning warm board for the first floor. After the remodeling the majority of the CH system will run at 115f. Remodeling should also lower the heat losses which should also reduce the heat load.

I have slant fin in the basement and the revised load is around 8k, due to heat loss on tile floor. I was thinking of replacing 20 feet of the slant fin with a low temperature product so I can run the whole CH at 115. My thought is to simplify the plumbing and eliminate the need for 180f heat, which should improve boiler efficiency. Currently, I have a radiant secondary loop and a convector secondary loop to deal with the two temperatures.

The copper tube for the basement is buried under the concrete floor so I am thinking the HHT Econ Or Smith EP product would be a like for like. Does anyone have any experience with these products? My thought is to include the new baseboard in the scope for my remodel so everything is run at the same temp.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks