Another vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Rick Beddoe

Reaction score
Greetings! New member here. First post. I've gotten a lot of great info from this site so figured I'd sign up.

Facing a dilemma with placing a sink under a window. I have zero options to run any plumbing outside the studs. I've been trying to figure out how to possibly use the Chicago loop style venting seen in island sinks. The challenge in my case is that the sewer is in the opposite direction from what all the diagrams show. In this sketch, the vent is on the left and the sewer on the right.

Any suggestions for solving this problem?

Screenshot 2021-02-21 224034.png

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
i dont know about chicago loop but in an upc island vent looking at diagram the pipe on left would have santee for sink the one on right would have the foot vent take off . and the way your sketch is would be a fail

Rick Beddoe

Reaction score
Thanks Jeff.

Here is the Island vent that seems to be the defacto way to do it:

normal_1437047109-Island_Vent.png

But my sewer line is to the right compared to this picture where it's to the left, back toward the vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks