Amtrol R Digital Pressure Controller

Users who are viewing this thread

ncgeo

In the Trades
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this digital pressure controller, good, bad, or otherwise? Would seem to be well suited for a CSV setup so you could shrink the pump operating pressure range.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
I have used the digital pressure controller, but only for low pressure applications, less than 5psi. For what I do with them they work good.

Travis

Speedbump

Reaction score
I like what they claim, but have never used one. Since I'm in Florida and most of our equipment is out in the elements, I have a feeling the Amtrol gadget wouldn't like being out in the rain.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I was trying to use these switches with the Pside-Kick complete pump control package. So we tested the heck out of a few of them. They have a delay on pump start and pump stop so when used with a small tank, you run out of water for a second on pump start and the pressure spikes on pump stop. They also glitched, showed an error, and shut the pump down occasionally for no reason. It is a good idea, just not a good switch.

Amtrol made these so they could narrow the on/off bandwidth to 10 PSI. That way you have to buy twice as big a tank. They like to sell tanks so go figure. With two huge tanks the delay isn't noticed very much.

Have also talked to several other installers that are not having any luck keeping them working. As you can see on the Pside-Kick, I am staying with the old faithful Square D.

Attachments

• Pside-kick front view.jpg
    Pside-kick front view.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,936
Last edited by a moderator:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Thanks Cary, that answered my question. I won't bother doing any testing myself then. That's all I need is another new innovative idea that flopped.

Well X Trol hurt my feelings when they started making a cheap tank to sell to the big box stores. I guess this is the beginning of the end of a once good thing.

bob...

cptmike13

Reaction score
Guardian Digital

I have an Amtrol 255 and installed the Guardian Digital as an upgrade on the bigger tank in 2007.
When it worked it seemed to work very well. My wife uses our low yield well, to top off the pool and occassionally forgets to shut the water off. It appeared to shut down the pump as advertised but after 10 months we had to replace both the Guardian and the well pump which was Ten years old. Installed the new Gould well pump and another Guardian figuring "what the heck" it should help protect the new Gould. All was well, until the newest Guardian just quit about 13 months later. The pump was OK. I can buy 10 square D's for what this cost. Went back to the Square D, no problems since. Don't waste your money, like I did! :(

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks