Aluminum Pipe Wrenches

Users who are viewing this thread

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Thoughts or opinions on these?

I think beyond the weight savings, they'd be great because they wont rust if you end up working in a ditch or out in the rain.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They are twice as expensive to do the same job. I think the small ones are a wste of money though if you carry a bunch in the tool bag they sure save some weight. When we get into the 2' range though they are a lot easier on the muscles.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
if you use them all the time that is what you want...I haven't found any I like as well as Ridgid brand...the ones from china are junk...
pipe-wrenches-lang.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
lumnum

The new ones are similar in size to the forged steel ones, but I am not sure if they will take the same beatings. The original ones were so much bulkier that we never used them.

clue-wrench.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
From experience I can tell you that if you put a big cheater bar on an 18" aluminum the handle snaps clean off with disasterous results. Steel bends.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yep, reading dem directions can sure save you a broken tool and 6 stitches to boot :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks