Air in water

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian94

Reaction score
Good evening, long time lurker. I changed out my 2 big blue filters and discovered a small leak from my uv light o ring that holds the inner chamber in place, what is used to lube o rings for water use? I'm thinking of just trying to reseat the o ring.

Anyways would this be what is causing the air in lines or is filter some how still trapping air? I have 20" 50 to 5 micron and 10" 1 micron woven to finish it off.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190225_190119.jpg
    20190225_190119.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 129

Reach4

Reaction score
Air could be a bad air check valve in the bottom of the brine tank. It could also be a leak in the brine line. Not if the air appears just after a softener regeneration. If it is not the softener system, your well may be getting pumped dry.

For lubing o-rings, I like a thin coat of Molykote 111. It is stiff. A 5.3 ounce tube may be a lifetime supply. You can also get 1/2 ounce containers of silicon grease carried more places. https://www.danco.com/product/0-5-oz-silicone-faucet-grease/ Danco 88693

Keep extra o-rings on hand, although I see you wisely have a bypass.

I use nitrile gloves to apply, because it saves hand cleaning.

Midriller

Reaction score
It could also be a leak in your well tank membrane or if that is an air charged iron center, i woulfd check that first.... Any air spurts at your fixtures

Brian94

Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply. Turns out it took a little while to burp all the air out of the lines because I did not bleed the air out of big blues with the red button when everything was bypassed, so in turn I pushed that air all over the house!

Reach4

Reaction score
Sorry for the very late reply. Turns out it took a little while to burp all the air out of the lines because I did not bleed the air out of big blues with the red button when everything was bypassed, so in turn I pushed that air all over the house!
I had not thought of the red buttons for that use. Makes sense now that you bring that up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks